Hello and welcome to another instalment of Kaptain Kenny!
This time we bring you our photos from Mallorca: a Balearic Island in Spain.
- Do not travel in high season. It will be a nightmare, full of annoying tourists. Okay you are a tourist too but if you like to have places a bit more to yourself, try and visit beyond the realms of June/July/August.
- It’s bloody hot in summer – (no surprise really) but it does tend to rain in the mountainous regions of the island.
- You will get by with German if you don’t speak Spanish. There are wayyyyy too many Germans on this island. (I’m allowed to say that because I’ve lived in Germany for 5 years now and we like to joke that Mallorca is Germany’s 17th state.)
- Definitely hire a car. Do not rely on public transport as you will only have access to lame & dirty beaches. We drove to a couple of beaches which were ridiculously off the beaten track and had a blast. Being so hard to get to, it was a much better experience!
- If you like any of the pictures I have posted, check the comment below to find its location. As always, feel free to comment if you need some further tips or info!
- I was expecting Europe-holiday-trash and I discovered quite a different side to Mallorca. I was pleasantly surprised! However in saying that, I really did my Instagram geo-tag research to find the best beaches. The typical Euro-trash certainly does exist in Mallorca but luckily we avoided it all.
- We hired a house on top of a huge mountain in Port Andratx and had a view over the entire port. The restaurants down by the water are amazing. Make sure you sure order a full fish for dinner – the local speciality is to cook the fish in a salt oven. Delish!
- You can 100% avoid Palma de Mallorca (the capital). It’s dirty, busy and unexciting. However, we love mother nature and getting away from people so it just wasn’t our cup of tea.
Click here to follow Kaptain Kenny on Instagram.
Don’t forget the hashtag #proofinsquares for all your travel photos on Instagram!