Hey friends! I’m Phoebe.
I’m actually Australian born but have been based in Frankfurt since 2011. I’ve had an Irish passport for five years. I speak English, German and some pretty dodgy Spanish and I’m a lover of travel writing & storytelling, photography, culture and languages.
In the last seven years in Germany, I have: worked at the Australian Consulate, taught English, given cultural training at German companies, done voice acting for movies, visited German schools to promote Australia, subtitled English scenes in a major upcoming film, sold travel photography, written over 130 travel articles on this website and for other online publications, taught English in Spain, Vietnam, Ireland and Germany and finally…. I started Kaptain Kenny at the beginning of 2016.
Kaptain Kenny Travel began when I really started living in Europe, realising what it means to be able to travel anywhere within virtually an hour. And that’s why I spend six months of the year travelling, writing and taking photos for you.
Kaptain Kenny embodies the idea that the world is your oyster. I entice people with trips to seemingly unreachable destinations – but then I inspire them to explore the beauty that’s right in their backyard. I can do that because I see Europe and the world through the eyes of a foreigner.
What is Team Kaptain Kenny?
I’m very honoured to be running an online travel community called Team Kaptain Kenny, which is filled with the most positive, inspiring and helpful people who all have one thing in common: a united love for travel.
You can be involved in our TKK community in many ways.
- This website will soon have a Team Kaptain Kenny section with featured writers and photographers who contribute here.
- You can use #teamkaptainkenny in your travel related Instagram photos. So far we’re over the 50 000 image mark!
- We also have a more ‘niche’ hashtagging system on Instagram where you can use #TKKcountry #TKKcontinent (for example a photo of a lake in Germany could be: #TKKGermany #TKKEurope.) Look up some examples and I’m sure you’ll find loads of photos with our niche hashtags. We did this so that those seeking specific inspiration and information could directly find which people in the community are best to reach out to.
- There’s also a Team Kaptain Kenny shoutout page on Instagram with over 2000 followers.
- You can join the Team Kaptain Kenny Facebook group which currently has over 500 members. In this group we receive mostly travel advice and tips as well as information about the travel industry from both sides: customer and industry-based. We share our own creative work and we encourage one another.
Join my 25 000 followers on Instagram: Kaptain.Kenny
Get in touch: email@example.com