Hey friends! I’m Phoebe.
I’m actually Australian born but was based in Frankfurt from 2011 to 2019. I’ve had an Irish passport for five years. I speak English, German and some pretty dodgy Spanish and I’m a lover of travel writing & storytelling, photography, culture and languages.
In the last seven years in Germany, I have: worked at the Australian Consulate, taught English, given cultural training at German companies, done voice acting for movies, visited German schools to promote Australia, subtitled English scenes in a major upcoming film, sold travel photography, written over 140 travel articles on this website and for other online publications, worked in Spain, Vietnam, Ireland and Germany and finally…. I started Kaptain Kenny in 2015.
Kaptain Kenny Travel began when I really started living in Europe, realising what it means to be able to travel anywhere within virtually an hour. And that’s why I spent six months of the year travelling, writing and taking photos for you.
Kaptain Kenny embodies the idea that the world is your oyster. I entice people with trips to seemingly unreachable destinations – but then I inspire them to explore the beauty that’s right in their backyard. I can do that because I see Europe and the world through the eyes of a foreigner.
What is Team Kaptain Kenny?
I’m very honoured to be running an online travel community called Team Kaptain Kenny, which is filled with the most positive, inspiring and helpful people who all have one thing in common: a united love for travel.
You can be involved in our TKK community in many ways.
- This website has a Team Kaptain Kenny section with featured writers and photographers who contribute here. (Check out the first published post here. And check the second one here.)
- You can use #teamkaptainkenny in your travel-related Instagram photos. So far we have nearly 100 000 images!
- We also have a more ‘niche’ hashtagging system on Instagram where you can use #TKKcountry #TKKcontinent (for example a photo of a lake in Germany could be: #TKKGermany #TKKEurope.) Look up some examples and I’m sure you’ll find loads of photos with our niche hashtags. We did this so that those seeking specific inspiration and information could directly find which people in the community are best to reach out to.
- There’s also a Team Kaptain Kenny shoutout page on Instagram with nearly 3000 followers.
- You can join the Team Kaptain Kenny Facebook group which currently has over 600 members. In this group, we receive mostly travel advice and tips as well as information about the travel industry from both sides: customer and industry-based. We share our own creative work and we encourage one another.
Join my 25 000 followers on Instagram: Kaptain.Kenny
Get in touch: email@example.com