This is our *final* Italian post…. until the next trip.
Boy do I have a lot to say about this part of Italy. Please see below:
- The Amalfi Coast is a MUST-SEE but I would strongly urge you to avoid driving at all costs. We drove through Naples to get here which was not only completely dodgy but at times we did feel unsafe. Sorry Italy!
- The Amalfi Coast is completely stunning but ladened with scary turns, cliff faces and steep drops. If you want to take in the beauty of the scenery, avoid driving. Use a tour company and sit and enjoy it without the stress. Alternatively, take a boat like we did from Sorrento to Positano to Amalfi and back.
- Sorrento is a cute place but extremely busy all year round, full of tourists and gimmicky stores so give yourself a full day and night there to see what it has to offer and then move on.
- I wish I’d had more time in Positano. I know all travel bloggers rave about Positano and there are many tourists there too but honestly, it’s a cute little dreamy place worth staying a couple of nights at least. Sadly we only had 3 hours as it was part of our boat’s day trip!
- Amalfi (the town) well…… apart from sitting on the jetty and enjoying the hot southern sun of Italy, I would actually avoid it. It’s not beautiful and not in that typical ‘shabby-Italian-building’ kinda way. You won’t lose any sleep by avoiding Amalfi. If you happen to be on a boat, you will enjoy sailing past it and taking some photos from the water as that’s truly the best part of the town. (Additionally, we found the locals weren’t too friendly which definitely has an impact on your impression of a place.)
- Another Amalfi Coast town I’ve heard about but which we sadly had no time to visit was Praiano…. if you have been, maybe you could let me know if it was worth it? We may return one day 🙂
Enjoy the photos and thank you for reading as usual. If you have any comments/suggestions please shoot me a comment. I love hearing from you all!
Here is the link for Kaptain Kenny’s Instagram page.